Welcome to the 2021 Dillydoun International Fiction Prize
Entries must observe an 8,000 Word Max / No Min
Open to all works of fiction and all genres whether categorized as a short story, flash fiction, or self-contained excerpts from longer works.
1st Place – $2,000
2nd Place – $1,000
3rd Place – $500
Honorable Mentions – $50
All winners and honorable mentions will be published in the print anthology,
and will receive one (1) free contributor copy.
All other entries will be considered for publication in a TDR Issue or TDR Daily. All TDR publications are considered at the end of the year for our Best of the Best print anthology. The writer has the right to refuse this offer of publication.
You may enter the competition as many times as you wish prior to the closing date. All entries must be accompanied by the $25 entry fee.
- You may enter as many times as you wish but each entry must be accompanied by the $25 entry fee. We accept entries via Submittable / Online Only.
- Entries must not have been previously published in print or online, been broadcast, or won a prize. Online publication includes your own personal blog/website/social media.
- Entries must observe an 8,000 word max. No minimum. All genres, themes, and fiction categories are welcome. Work must be original.
- This competition is open to all writers whether published or unpublished with the following exceptions: writers who work or have worked on The Dillydoun Review Editorial Staff (or are related to a past or present member of The Dillydoun Review Editorial Staff).
- There are no geographical restrictions on this competition. All international entries are encouraged but must be written in English.
- Judging will be conducted by the TDR Editors. Judging will be blind. Please do not include any personal, identifying information about the author in the actual manuscript.
- Please format your entry as follows:
- Give your entry a title. This is how your entry will be identified throughout the judging process. If your work has been short-listed or long-listed by another contest, please make sure to give the entry a different title to ensure our ability to blindly judge.
- Number the pages but do not add any other information that would identify the author.
- 1.5 or double-spaced.
- Use an easily readable font like Times New Roman (or similar) 12pt.
- Use reasonable margins, preferably 1″ on all sides.
- Accepted formats: doc, docx, pdf.
- Refunds will not be considered. No changes, alterations, or substitutions can be made after your entry is received.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine but please be aware, if you place the work elsewhere during the deliberation period, the entry fee is forfeited. If you would be so kind, please notify us as soon as possible should the work become unavailable so that we may remove it from consideration.
- Prizes are as follows: 1st Place: $2,000, 2nd Place: $1,000, 3rd Place: $500, Honorable Mentions: $50. All winners and honorable mentions will be included in a print anthology and will receive one (1) free contributor copy. The number of honorable mentions will be determined by the contest judges.
- The Dillydoun Review is not responsible for contributor copies once we post them. Please make sure that you provide the correct postal address.
- All winners and honorable mentions will be awarded cash prizes via Submittable.
- By entering the competition, writers agree that honorable mentions and winning entries can be published, using the author’s name, on our website and/or in our print anthology, in local or international media outlets, on social media, or may be broadcast with media outlets for up to one year after the closing date without further remuneration. After which time all rights revert to the author.
- Winning and honorable mentions included in our print anthology will not receive future royalties beyond the payment of the cash prizes stated above.
- Winners and honorable mentions will be notified by email. Results will be made public on our website and celebrated via social media and newsletter.
- All other entries will be considered for publication in a TDR Issue or TDR Daily. All work published by TDR is considered for a Best of the Best print anthology at the end of the year. The writer has the right to refuse this offer of publication.
- By entering, acceptance to all the Rules and Terms & Conditions are implied. Entries that fail to comply with the Rules and Terms & Conditions will be disqualified. No correspondence will be entertained in these matters and all judges’ decisions are final.
- Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have questions or need clarification about the Rules and Terms & Conditions.